fot

Re: Negative camber

To: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, <wgrosenbach@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: Negative camber
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:36:09 -0700
Dearching is a pretty simple operation using a hydraulic press and doing one
leaf at a time. Lay the leaf across a pair of steel or even wood blocks about
6-8 inches apart.  You apply the pressure away from the center of the spring
in several place is retain the curve, so a little each time one side then the
other. I suggest marking the spring with chalk equal increments on each side
of the center hole for the pressure points.  Start and make your height with
the largest leaf then match the others to it. I have seen Jimmy Coan do the
deal without even bothering to take the spring apart.