fot

RE: Pneumatic shop lines ...info on recommended air lines..FYI

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pneumatic shop lines ...info on recommended air lines..FYI
From: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:17:35 -0600
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

I have faced the same question with plumbers and engineers in our
architectural business.  Schedule 40 PVC is not recommended for this use and
any high pressure.  Sounds like the ole Ralph Nader, "unsafe and any speed"
Corvair quote.  I also wanted to use it in my own garage, but was advised
not to for all the reasons discussed in earlier responses: 1.short life span
under even small pressures, 2.joints, of which are many, are especially
vulnerable to leaks, 3.why do all this work to risk having to do it over
WHEN failure occurs. These were enough for me.

Don W. Carter, AIA
Carter Design Associates
6213 Skyline Dr., Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77057