fot

Hallett Shootout - Motel & Thursday Practice

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hallett Shootout - Motel & Thursday Practice
From: Larry Young <larry.young@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:55:46 -0600
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Since my current list of participants is now over 30, I have blocked 30
rooms for the FOT at the Hampton Inn in Sand Springs, OK, phone
918-245-8500.  They have either 2 Queens or 1 King for $67 + tax.  To
reserve a room, just call and tell them you are with the FOT.  The
Hampton Inn is about 6 miles west of Tulsa on highways 412/51/64 (exit
at W. 81st St.).  Hallett is in the middle of nowhere, about 30 miles
further west on the same highway.

Bob and I have stuck our necks out a bit on the Thursday practice. At
our request, CVAR has added the Thursday practice day to encourage those
coming from longer distances. The extra day should be attractive to
other than Triumph racers, so please talk this up within you local
clubs, especially RMVR and VSCDA. We will get the local guru and track
owner, Mike Stephens, to provide advice on driving this technical race
course. If you want to get the jump on your fellow competitors, it
should be $100 well spent.
Larry