fot

RE: RE: cams, lifters, etc

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RE: cams, lifters, etc
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:33:02 -0800
== fot at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Ceramic lifters are prohibited in some forms of racing. I don't see vintage
racing as following suit as they generally don't care that much about engine
internals except for displacement and roller rockers (never have understood
why).

The other characteristic of the ceramic lifters is extreme smoothness of the
surface. Probably has to do with the hardness, but they almost feel like
they are lubed even when they are dry. In fact they are easy to drop because
of it. Guess why I know that. From the same incident I also know they are
painful on the pocket even in quantity one.