fot

Re: New guy

To: whimsey1@earthlink.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New guy
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:27:08 EST
In a message dated 12/02/2005 9:53:45 AM Central Standard Time,
whimsey1@earthlink.net writes:

> On the competitions front, mostly I've raced Allards for the last 23 years
> with the odd drive in a Lister Jag when the invitation was offered.  Bill
> Dentiger may recognize the name from a few events at Elkhart some years ago
>when
> I was driving on Syd Silverman's team.  I'm also the Editor of the VSCCA and
> have been on their board for well over twenty years.

Ah so.  Welcome!  And it is noted that Syd Silverman's team is a 'bench mark'
in our hobby.  If VINTAGE RACING has a God Father, it is certainly Syd
Silverman.  Can't count the number of times he has stepped forward with his
checkbook to prop things up where needed.  Such a quiet, unpretentious man.  No
one
loves these cars more than Syd.

> Here's hoping I can contribute something from time to time and that a few
> of this group will see fit to bring out their period prepared TR-2's and 3's
> with the VSCCA in the future.

Amen.  If welcome, Bob Wismer and I should look for a way to make a VSCCA
event with our TORNADOs (Talisman and Thunder Bolt).  While they are downstairs
English Specials (with lots of Triumph parts), they are the kind of entries
VSCCA seems to prefer.

Again...welcome.

Bill Dentinger