fot

RE: car classification - clarification

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: car classification - clarification
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:21:29 -0800
Actually, there IS no waiver--that's the important part. When a club
undertakes some official action they get endless arguments from then on that
"you did it for him, why not for me". So there is no waiver. Just the stated
intent that "our aim is to move more cars towards a true vintage character,
not to slam the door on someone who went too far. We'll work with you to
ensure compliance in the future, not keep you off the track today."

My problem was that I was asking for something specific, which really
couldn't be granted without harming the clubs credibility. Instead I got a
statement of purpose, which accomplished the exact same thing.

There ARE races where there is little interest in doing this--show up at the
Monterey Historics with blatantly wrong stuff and you'll have a long tow
home. But even there I've been told "I don't want to see those Wilwood
Ultralight calipers next year, Bill."