fot

Re: Misfire in left hand curves

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Misfire in left hand curves
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:04:04 -0600
We have found in race cars that this is usually caused by having the
pivot pin for the floats on the left or right side. They need to be
in front or in the rear. This is pretty easy to fix if you have SU
carburetors. Rotate the float bowl tops to get the pivot as near the
front and rear as possible. If you have Stromberg carburetors I have
never found a solution. The Strombergs are designed with the pivot on
one side, which means that the fuel level in the bowl goes to one
side on right turns, the other side on left turns, causing exactly
what you are experiencing.