fot

RE: Tappet talk

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tappet talk
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:23:25 -0800
> and the precision of the barrel of
> the lifter. Any loose fit or departure from perfect roundness of the bore or
> the lifter can prevent rotation.

Which might explain why many have a slight dome to them.  A domed lifter
combined with a tapered cam would tend to compensate for any error in the angle
of the lifter bore.  I've heard that "cam walk" is a common problem when
converting to roller lifters, so clearly production tolerances aren't
particularly tight in this area.
http://www.iskycams.com/camwalk.php

I dunno ... just know that Babe Erson, Crane Cams and someone at Isky have all
told me that non-roller lifters should be domed.
http://www.cranecams.com/?show=faq&id=2

Randall