fot

FIA regs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FIA regs
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:00:46 -0600
Thanks to all who responded to my question about FIA regulations.

I have a customer who is asking about the regulations concerning
Webers and two inch SU's.

Christian Marx sent me a copy of the FIA homologation papers for his
TR4. The papers state that dual Weber 45 DCOE carburetors are an
optional feature recognized by FIA.

I haven't heard any mention of 2" SU's. I am skeptical about the
benefits of running the two inch carburetors, and Richard Taylor
confirms that the low rpm performance is not as good as would be
expected.Current SCCA regulations allow two inch SU's on Triumphs,
but I don't know in what year that came into being.

uncle jack