fot

RE: Could be TR-8 Powered Chainsaw

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Could be TR-8 Powered Chainsaw
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:06:37 -0500
> For tax reasons and to satisfy the US government that they were not a
> monopoly in the auto industry, GM donated free of charge the tooling
> and rights to the Buick V-8 aluminum engine to Rover (B/L).  Kas,

That is not the story I have heard. Someone else on the list
supplied the story about the tooling and such being sold to
Rover. That is what I understand to have happened. I got the
story from the engineer in charge of the design/development
at GM Engineering Staff.

He is closing in on his 90th birthday in March, unfortunately,
he is not doing well right now.

Cheers,

Doug