fot

Re: Tractor Motors in Tractors

To: John Herrera <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tractor Motors in Tractors
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 09:07:21 -0600
I've been surfing the net looking for information.  I ran across the FOF
(Friends of Ferguson) website.   The best information was at
http://www.fergusonsociety.co.uk/.  The Ferguson 20 was a revolutionary
tractor and dominated the European market after the war. It appears that
both US and UK production used both Continental Z-120 engines and
Standard engines, but the Continental engines were predominant in the US
made tractors.  I couldn't find much information about the Continental
engine.  The Standard engines were 1850 cc and produced 24 hp.  One of
our race motors might perk it up just a bit.