fot

Re: [FOT] Quick-release steering hub for TRs

To: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Quick-release steering hub for TRs
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:22:49 -0600
I have one in my car. It's not a big problem to put it in. I cut the
taper and threads off of my steering shaft to weld on the quick
release part. I also shortened the tube surrounding the shaft.

I installed one that has the hex-shaped part for the steering column.
If I had it to do again, I'd get the kind that has a lot of little
splines. the only problem I have with the hex is that you must mark
everything very carefully so the steering wheel always goes on straight.

At 03:41 PM 2/14/2006, SHANE Ingate wrote:
>Hi Gang,
>
>Anyone ever mounted a quick-release steering hub to the
>stock TR steering column?  Any tips, hints to make it work?
>
>These bones and joints are not getting any younger, and getting
>in/out of the car with the surrey top and roll-cage is hard work.
>
>Note to self: Put helmet on when IN car.
>
>TIA,
>
>Shane Ingate in Maryland

uncle jack