fot

RE: [FOT] Undercoating

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Undercoating
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:27:33 -0600
I can't remember if I used Mineral spirits or Turpentine. It is
obviously nasty and needs to be completed with good ventilation, but
those types of solvents soften up the undercoating but do not harm the
paint too much. The problem is how to take it off. I found that you can
carefully use plastic putty knives to get the bulk and spend a lot of
time wiping off the sticky remainder. I brushed it on, and tried to keep
soaked rags pressed against it for as long as possible to soften the
undercoating. I did the whole bottom of the car this way. I wouldn't do
it again but for an engine compartment it shouldn't be too bad.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
16415 North IH35
RDO Equipment Co.