fot

Re: [FOT] ex-Sebring racer, 1960 Truimph TR3 Boattail

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] ex-Sebring racer, 1960 Truimph TR3 Boattail
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 06:37:33 -0800
Dave Riddle wrote:
> Did you see the selling price for this bucket of rust with what looks
> like  half inch thick bondo!?  $4,000!!!
>
> Somehow I doubt this car ever saw duty on a racetrack.

Looked to me like someone's early to mid '60's custom show car that went
out of style then became sadly neglected.  At first glance it came with
factory heater and a lighter.  No sign of anything like an oil
temperature gauge or of any go fast goodies.  And you are right, who
would add 50 pounds of bondo to go racing?

I hope whomever paid that much for the vehicle is a old custom car
enthusiast who is willing to put the effort into restoring it back to
the '60's custom car glory days.  I suspect way too many '50's and '60's
custom show cars have gone to the wreckers.

TeriAnn