fot

[FOT] More Sabrina twin cam recollections

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] More Sabrina twin cam recollections
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:36:58 -0500
And some more from Paul Herbert:

"....this is 1961 remember I paid about $ 250. 00 for it then, the company
that had it  SAH , Triumph modifiers were glad to get rid of it because it
was so unreliable !!! as I put it, very nearly caused a divorce because I
spent hours & hours just trying to keep it running, it was even used as a
shopping car for a while & was actually on original Michelin X tyres, good
for mileage but grip was non existent so was a handfull in the wet, the
Bugatti a type 40, 1.5 litre 4 cylinder unblown, sort of a touring Type 37
GP car, was fun , my wife whilst travelling had to continually hand pump up
the fuel pressure from a pump on the dash board, had a habit of oiling it's
plugs so we would stop every 50 miles or so to change spark plugs, oh the
joys of 1960's motoring, I am a lot more sedate now and drive a modern all
electronic Ford Focus but still look back with fondness on the good old days
of empty roads and fun driving..."

SI_MD