fot

Re: [FOT] compression ratio

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] compression ratio
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:22:31 -0700
Compression ratio is pretty easy to figure.  Add together the
swept volume and unswept volume.  Divide by the unswept volume.
Simple, right?

Hmmm, I thought there was an article about this in amongst the old
FTP stuff on team.net.  Didn't see it.

Swept volume:  Area of the bore times length of stroke

Unswept volume: More complicated.  It is the sum of three factors.
    1.  area of the bore times deck height, assuming flat top pistons.
    2.  area of the bore times installed head gasket thickness
    3.  combustion chamber volume

Maybe I have an actual example on hand, hang on...

--
mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com

"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep is the gettin' there."