fot

Re: [FOT] TR3 Brake/Clutch Resevior

To: Robertten1@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR3 Brake/Clutch Resevior
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:08:17 EDT
Robertten1@aol.com writes:

<< Quick question ....  can you pressure bleed the system, brakes?  I have
 adapted one to my racer and it started to leak.  All new seals in the can
and
 tightened properly, so I believe.  Fluid is coming out the calipers  but
found a
 puddle on the firewall. >>

I have had my best luck using a brake bleeding vacuum pump sold in many auto
parts stores.  You connect the clear tubing from the pump to the bleeder
fitting, crack open the fitting, and suck out fluid until the bubbles in the
clear
tubing disappear. Then close the fitting.  Start at the fitting with the
longest length of brake tubing from the master cylinder -- probably the left
rear.