fot

Re: [FOT] Oil Breather

To: tony@tonydrews.com, vintage.racer@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Oil Breather
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:57:19 EDT
tony@tonydrews.com writes:

<< MAKE SURE THE CATCH TANK IS NOT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE
 CAR.  Catch tank centered or a little right of the engine works
 fine.  Catch tank to the left of the motor results in much oil
 leaving the motor to the catch tank. >>

You must be going around bends a lot faster than I am!  I never had any oil
come out of the catch tank with the pipe running up the side of the engine, and
a rubber hose running from the pipe into a catch can.

My catch can is nothing more than a quart paint can with the hose running
into the top, through the lid.  Several small vent holes are then punched in
the
lid.  I have been hoping to improve on this system for many years, but it
seems that there is always something else destroyed that absorbs all of my time.