fot

[FOT] ignition problem

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] ignition problem
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:16:24 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help. After a good
night's sleep, I again checked continuities and checked to see if
there was any blinking going on at the distributor post -- nope.
Replaced the distributor with a junk one I forgot that I had, filed
the crummy points, used the cap and coil from my race car, and it
runs like a champ!

Since this is an all electonic system I don't know how to determine
if the problem is in the distributor or the control box, so I'm going
to do what I tell most other folks to do -- replace it with something
simple and diagnosable (how's that for a word?) that doesn't really
rob me of any hp -- like Henry Frye, my hero of last weekend says,
"simple is good". Or something like that.

Come to think of it, he was looking at me when he said it. Hmmmmm.

uncle jack