fot

[FOT] Thankyou for the Hallett experience ...

To: joe alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>,
Subject: [FOT] Thankyou for the Hallett experience ...
From: tom strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
Were back home now and things are slowly calming down ....
    I'm not sure how to put this all into words, but I'll try.  Jan put her
thanks at the end of this and probably did a better job, but here goes....

    The trip to hallett just didnt happen the way I had hoped it would.  Lost
the tow vehicle, lost a good portion of the tent to the wind, broke the race
car on sunday and got home to find more expensive problems here at home.

    BUT .... The trip was a good one.  We found that we had more and better
friends than we ever could have imagined.  We had people carrying us back and
forth to the motel.... out to look for a replacement tow vehicle...  Kent
Howard graciously brought us and the racecar back to Wisconsin, going quite a
distance out of his way to do it.  Jerry Barr brought all of our stuff,
including the tent back home to us.  People helped us dismantle the tent after
the wind tore most of it down,  Jim, a special thanks to you for jumping in and
giving all the help you did.
    Several people walked over and handed us money to help cover the cost of
replacing the suburban, and damaged tent pieces ....
    A lot of people offered good words, help, and just friendship in general.
    I guess what I'm trying to say, is I dont think I could find any better
people or friends anywhere, and I really do appreciate you all being there.

    Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope some day I can be as good a friend
to all of you as you have been to Jan and I.

    Here I turn it over to Jan ...

  Dear Friends of the FOT,
   I just wanted to add a note to Toms letter to thank you all for everything
you did for us. To say that our trip to Hallet was "eventful", I guess, would
be a bit of an understatement but to say it was a bad trip couldnt be further
from the truth. Tom has always told me what a great group of people everyone is
from the FOT and I have to say that after the week at Hallet I have to agree
100%.
    Rarely have I experienced the level of kindness, generosity and willingness
to help that all of you showed Tom and I during that week. We were both a
little overwhelmed by it.
   It was my pleasure to get to meet those I had not met before and to get to
know a few of you a little better. I can see now that the racing is only one
part of the fun that you have together. You are a wonderful bunch and made our
week in Hallet one we will always remember with a smile. Thank you all !! Jan

Tom

http://www.fot-racing.com/spit/caption/tom_strange.htm

#4 white spitfire