fot

RE: [FOT] Hoosier Speedster

To: "'Gary '" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] Hoosier Speedster
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:25:31 -0700
Maybe it's a good thing that we haven't seen any test results from
optimizing the speedster tires.  I'd be very surprised if ultimately they
weren't worth a couple of seconds over the Vintage TD. They also _should_
last a lot longer, both from a heat cycle and a tread wear standpoint. There
is also a substantial driving difference that people will need to get used
to in order to get the most out of the tires.  the next year should be very
interesting.

One caution to everyone--radials are a little more "dangerous" than bias ply
tires in that they tend to hold until they don't, and then break away
completely. Racing radials are usually not as extreme in this behavior as
street radials, but they are not as forgiving as bias ply and not as easy to
catch when they slide.