fot

RE: [FOT] Low budget tire possibility

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Low budget tire possibility
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:07:40 -0400
Leo Oddi (TR250) and I (TR4A) have been trying the BFG "Sport TA" high
performance street tire and so far they seem to be OK.

I ran them at Roebling Road and Kershaw and Leo and I both ran them at
VIR this past weekend.  Once we got the proper pressures they gripped
very well and didn't go off late in the sessions.  Also, it was hot most
of the weekend, around 90.  Lap times at VIR about the same as with the
Vintage TDs in previous years.  The only time I noticed any sharp
breakaway was when the Aston Martin that was about 2 feet in front of me
slipped coming out of Oak Tree and I hit the brakes.  That threw me off
the track quite nicely (backwards) but I'm happy to have avoided contact
with the Aston.

Anyhow, the BFGs are 205/60/15 and cost me about $95 each from Tire
Rack, including shaving to 4/32 and shipping to my door.  No idea how
long they'll last but for sure they'll last longer than the TDs.  Don