fot

Re: [FOT] Quillers Triumph Parts

To: Jerry Barr <jerrybarr@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Quillers Triumph Parts
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:23:27 -0400
Jerry, the urethane we supply, and made here, is that shore rating.
Actually ours is an 86 shore. We supply 4130 chromemoly sleeves.
Stainless is not a good material for sleeves.  It doesn't rust but does
not have the strength of the chromemoly.  Busings are listed on our
website.  For racing only cars, urethane is too soft.  It still has some
give or compliance.  In order to run consistent laps, the car needs to
have a "repeatable" suspension response.  It should react the same way
every time you turn in to a corner.  Granted, the road surface and tires
may change, but the suspenion should react the same.  Anytime spent with
the suspenion not being solid is wasted time.  All suspension bushings
made from rubber or urethane, will give to a certain point and then
become a solid bushing.  The solid bushings such as Delrin or heim
joints, eliminate this transition from compliant to solid.  Therefore,
no lost time while waiting for the suspension to set.  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net