fot

[FOT] Today's little chuckle

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Today's little chuckle
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 18:13:27 -0600
You might recall I mentioned about a somewhat interesting TR3 motor
that came into Bailey's a while back.  Mike Bailey tore it down
yesterday while I was out doing other stuff.  Today he was showing
me the parts, like the modified intake ports on the head, grabs the
cam and says something like "There's no numbers on it, just a name.
Ever hear of someone named Kastner?"  I laughed a bit and said something
derogatory about MG guys.

So with 0.160" milled off the head, a Kastner D cam and ported head I'd
say this motor was a decent find for the new owner.  Maybe I should try
to convince him it is junk and offer him $25 for scrap value...

Hmmm, I wonder what the compression ratio might be, he wants it for a
basic street driver.

mjb.