fot

[FOT] A character lesson

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] A character lesson
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:21:25 -0400
Let me tell you something about Mike Munson.

During the enduro at the Walter Mitty (Road Atlanta) last weekend, my left
front wheel departed the suspension assembly. Some ditzy, knuckle-head,
super-klutz finger-tightened the lug nuts in preparation to snugging them
down with a torque wrench.then forgot to take that final crucial step.

After being towed back to the pits, up turns Mike with a brand new front
axel in hand. Upon being appraised of the results of the ditz-head action,
he then calls his wife back home and asks her to bring a wheel/disk assembly
along with lugs, et al to the track.

Even before I had a chance to go through the whole ritual of sucking-up
followed by pitiful pleadings for help, Mike had stepped in and started
organizing a program to get my car back on the track for the afternoon
feature.

Mike, just by his nature, sets a standard of camaraderie matched by very few
of us. He is one of those rare breed of man who makes a better person of the
rest of us simply by being effected by his contagious good nature.

Thanks, Mike, for the character lesson. I needed it.

BTW, I got a 2nd in class in the race. So thanks for the trophy as well.

Richard Taylor

TR-4

Atlanta

www.taylor-architecture.com <http://www.taylor-architecture.com/>