fot

Re: [FOT] Expensive Spitfire thick flange aluminum bell housing

To: britbits@tiu.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Expensive Spitfire thick flange aluminum bell housing
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:18:43 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Gambony <britbits@tiu.net>
To: fot@autox.team.net
Sent: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:39:54 -0500
available

   I'm dealing with a gent out in west Arkansas that has an early
Spitfire 3
synchro gearbox with aluminum bell housing on it....

That raises 2 questions.

1)       What's an aluminum bell housing really worth?

==AM==
Good question. Is it really the Spitfire version (thicker flange), or
the arguably almost-as-common Herald version (thin flange)? I do know
that either is worth 20 lb. or more in weight savings.
==AM==

2)       Anyone need one?

==AM==
Nope. Got some of each type. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>