fot

[FOT] Heavy duty manifold gaskets

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Heavy duty manifold gaskets
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:05:20 EDT
Good Mornin' Amici,

Maybe a little brainstorming on a Monday morning?

I found the heavy duty six cylinder manifold gaskets I wanted at APT.
Apparently they're thre ones Moss was selling but discontinued.  They go on
great,
seal well but don't come off for reuse.  The white cardboard burns, get's
crispy and sticks to the surfaces.  I was thinking of covering both gasket
faces
with a layer of heavy duty aluminum foil from the kitchen to resolve that
issue.
 Later I wondered if Cop-a Slip antisieze in the spray can was an option.  Or
silver paint.

Anybody have any opinions to share.

Steve