fot

RE: [FOT] OD Switch on shift lever?

To: "'SHANE Ingate'" <hottr6@hotmail.com>, <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [FOT] OD Switch on shift lever?
From: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:29:00 -0500
I thought I'd jump in here and maybe give an alternative since I haven't
heard it yet. Before I went back to the lever-stock set up, I used a lighted
square shaped push on push off switch mounted in the center of the switch
plinth of my 6. I suppose 4's and 250's can't do this because of the
ignition key location here. I could reach it easily with my finger tip when
my hand was on the shifter in 1st and 3rd.  Shifting to 2nd and 4th you
would have to disengage then reach back to the switch to engage the OD
again.  It was great and looked like it belonged there, but in an autox car
might do OK if using only 1st and OD first.

Don W. Carter, AIA
Carter Design Associates
6213 Skyline Dr., Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77057