fot

Re: [FOT] language abuse

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] language abuse
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 00:30:26 -0600
Ah, the wonders of written communication using a living language. I am NOT
fond of those who think 'lite' and 'nite' are real words, but I have no qualms
adding the verb 'google' to my vocabulary, even if they did turn me down for
that job in Phoenix.  That may be a feature, though, and not a bug.

Back at the U of U, I cringed when someone would claim that some machine
'servered' some service.  Those folks probably couldn't explain the difference
among ( or is that between? ) site, sight and cite.

Enough whining for now, my next message will actually be about Triunphs.
But still whining, of sorts.

--
mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com

"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep is the gettin' there."