fot

Re: [FOT] merge colectors

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] merge colectors
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
Jack,

  From what I've read, a merge collector will really only show it's true  worth
when teamed up with a cam that is designed with it in mind. A bit  more exhaust
overlap I presume? I certaintly think it may be worthwhile  to call your cam
grinder.

  -Bob Adams

"Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net> wrote:  The FOT list has been entirely
too quiet lately. It gives me the
heebiejeebies when I come in here and see this empty screen. Assuming
that everybody is out playing with their cars but might look at their
screens occasionally, my latest question is

Does anybody know for sure if a merge collector is of any benefit on
our four cylinder relatively low revving engines?

I'd test mine with and without on the chassis dyno but that is a
really difficult thing to change at the dyno shop.

The reason I'm asking is that I put on a merge collector from Burns
Stainless a couple of years ago and other guys still beat me.

uncle jack