fot

[FOT] Australian Annual All TRIUMPH RACE

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Australian Annual All TRIUMPH RACE
From: "Geoffrey Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:35:47 +1000
Friends
For those on the list from down under and those who wish they were , the 06
All TRIUMPH race will be held at Wakefield Park Raceway at Goulburn NSW on 25
June as part of the All British Race Meeting. The race was first held at
Warwick Farm in 1973 and has been held since at various circuits on the east
coast with competitors coming from a number of states . Over its history the
most successful Triumph has been the GT6 . In recent years the race has been
dominated by TR8s .
The field this year looks like being about 16 cars with a good mix of both
sports cars and sedans . The field will include a number of  TR3; TR4, TR6,
TR716V , TR8, GT6, Spitfire, a couple of very quick Dolimites and a race bred
Mk1 sedan. A number coming from interstate
Last year the race was dominated by Dolimites with them taking the first three
places after the pole position driver Jeff Wards in his Dads TR8 jumped the
start. Three time winner Graeme Rutledge will be hard to beat this year if he
can get the power of his 5ltr TR8 beast to the road , it has awsome
accelleration and regularly blows Porsches to the weeds.
A number of our club members have been organised to video the race and a DVD
will be produced
Unlike the rolling starts in the US all our races are standing starts and the
drag to the first corner gets a bit frantic and of course panel rubbing is not
allowed.
Anyone wanting more info contact me off list
Geoff Byrne