fot

[FOT] Re: Gasket

To: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Re: Gasket
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 05:59:18 -0500
At 01:20 AM 6/8/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Jack,
>
>do you use this gasket? (picture removed)

yes

>After several tries with a copper gasket I use this type gasket and
>it works great.

If I have enough time, and the customer has the will and the money,
the steel gasket works fine. But I always carefully measure the
protrusion, mic the fig 8 gaskets, make new o-rings for the bottom to
correct the protrusion.

BUT -- that was not the man's question. He asked what to do with an
engine with an uneven block and liners that weren't square. If you
guys want to recommend that he use the steel gasket on an uneven
block with liner protrusion varying from one side to another, well,
okay -- good luck -- but he's talking about a fully assembled engine.

>0,5mm thick.
>
>Chris

uncle jack