fot

[FOT] HSR Watkins Glen Part 1

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] HSR Watkins Glen Part 1
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry if this comes through the list 5000x, I had a problem with my  email, and
concluded that maybe my messages were too long, so I'm  splitting them up in
halves.

  I may as well do a report..

  What a great weekend, a very hot and humid one, but great. There were a  few
Triumphs in attendence; Dick Stockon TR4, Randy Williams and David  Spiwack(?)
TR3's, and Richard Brown Spitfire.

  Qualifying Races:

  Group 1:
  David Spiwack was there with the VSCCA folk who piggybacked on this  event. I
did not see this race, nor did I see results from it, but I  was told he did
finish in 3rd place in his Group, big CONGRATS to him  for that.

  Group 2:

 Randy Williams did not make  the Qualfying Race due to a rear differential
problem. Randy also had  his freshly prepped Jaguar in attendance, and man is
she a beauty (and  FAST), I wish him the best of luck with it.

 Dick Stockton  started 5th overall by qualifying with a 2.22.6 (more on lap
times,  changes, settings, feedback in a Hoosier Speedster report). Some very
serious hardware was in front and behind him.. a fast FF, two 356's and  a
quick down the straightaway's Lotus Elan. We had made a sway bar  change before
this race, what we didn't know at the time was that the  bolts became hung up
on a bracket on the frame, effectively giving us  nearly 0 suspension travel in
the rear besides preloading it. This  effectively turned what was suppose to be
a race on pavement to one  that more resembled ice racing. He was heard saying
"it was the most  evil car that I've ever driven".. that'll give you an idea of
how bad  it was considering some of the cars that he has raced. The in-car
video  is a hoot though (sideways into-through-out of the Bus Stop) He still
managed a very sideways 2'26 though during the race, but lost 3 spots  due to
this.