fot

Re: [FOT] Omaha sites

To: ehusmann@sbcglobal.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Omaha sites
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:28:35 EDT
> Going to be in the Omaha, NE area for a few days this week.  Any
> suggestions for site seeing?
>
> E.

One of the last major railroad passenger terminals was built there during the
30s and during passenger boarding declines.  Art Deco and quite magnificent.
My mother used to board this train on her father's rail pass for a Sunday
Outing to meet my dad further west in Nebraska.

This once heavy industrial area has been reclaimed into restaurants, lofts,
and shops.

The Union Pacific railroad  museum is in Council Bluffs, the original UP
terminus.

Jim Hill can tell you more.

Joe (A)