fot

RE: [FOT] TR4 Crankshaft

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] TR4 Crankshaft
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:14:22 -0700
> I have someone interested in buying a used TR4 crankshaft I have.
>  It needs
> machining to remove score marks on two of the journals.  Anyone venture an
> estimate of what it's value should be?  Thanks.

Depends greatly on how far it has been machined in the past, and how deep
the current score marks are.  If it will clean up by .020" under, it's
probably worth in the $75-$125 range.  If it has to go to .030" under, I'd
say $75 is top dollar.  If it won't clean up at .030", maybe $25 (maybe
not).

If you get it magnafluxed and ground (to .020" under or less), it might be
worth $150.

All IMO, YMMV, etc.
Randall