fot

[FOT] Fuel Pressure

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Fuel Pressure
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:08:38 EDT
Another elementary question:  What fuel pressure is the list using for the
original stock SU Carburetors for the TR-3/4 engine.  I know that this has been
discussed before.

We recently mounted a fuel pressure gage under the hood between the regulator
and carburetors.  Someone who I had worked with at Duquesne Light in the 70's
set my regulator, and I have been racing with this setting ever since.  I
plowed through both the red and the gray books and did not find any recommended
fuel pressures.  Then an old article surfaced recommending 1.5 lbs. pressure to
SU carburetors.

I am presently getting 2.2 lbs pressure to the carburetors.  Maybe a little
more pressure is required for racing.