fot

Re: [FOT] Miscellaneous Ramblings

To: tarch@bellsouth.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Miscellaneous Ramblings
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 07:50:15 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/2006 6:37:14 AM Central Standard Time,
tarch@bellsouth.net writes:

> Joe,
>
> While you're day-dreaming about Iowa heroes, don't forget Bud Day, the most
> highly decorated military man in any of the Armed Services. He was the
> leader of The Mistys. And, no, you young civie pukes, his was not a rock
> group.
>
> He'll be in Atlanta October 21, to receive the Theodore Roosevelt
> Distinguished Service Medal (to go under his CMH).
>
> Richard

Richard,

Sadly, my random questioning reveals that few folks in Iowa seem to have even
a vague notion of Bud Day.  It took Ross Perot to commission a bronze statue
of Bud Day, that was placed at the Sioux City Airport.

Will Pulitzer Nominee, Robert Coram, be doing a book signing on the Bud Day
Bio, in October?  Do I see a 2000 mile trip in my future?

Joe (A)