fot

RE: [FOT] slave cylinders

To: "'atenglish@mindspring.com'" <atenglish@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: [FOT] slave cylinders
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:50:52 -0700
They generally fail if you over-stroke them. I did it the first time I used
the thing. I installed a stop to get through the weekend, but solved the
problem permanently by changing the starting position of the bearing and the
size of the master cylinder. I spaced the bearing so at the start of it's
stroke it was about .10" from the clutch and sized the cylinder so it can't
overstroke the bearing starting from that point. This provide the added
benefit of a light and precise clutch.