fot

RE: [FOT] rocker stud breakage

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] rocker stud breakage
From: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:24:04 -0400
Jack;
          When I first started racing my TR3 I broke 2 studs the same
weekend. Both times it was the front one. I think the first one broke
because the top nut was not tight enough. After that the second one broke
the next day. I found that the bottom of the pedestal had become rounded
from the first break and would rock. I replaced the pedestal and also put in
ARP studs with hardened washers and ARP nuts. Haven't broken one since. May
not have anything to do with yours, but something else to look at.

Dean T.