fot

[FOT] head gasket shameless promotion

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] head gasket shameless promotion
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:31:49 -0500
Many of us with a TRactor engine have been plagued with head gasket
problems. All of the gaskets on the market, namely stock, steel, and
copper, each have some advantages and disadvantages.

I have worked with a major gasket manufacturer and have developed an
alternative head gasket.

This gasket uses state-of-the-art materials. It has an expanded steel
core permeated and coated with an elastomer coating. It has a folded
steel fire ring around the cylinder bores for superior combustion
chamber sealing. The diameter of the sealing ring is round as opposed
to the shape of the stock gasket, with a diameter of 91 mm. This
means that if you have stock and unmodified liners, the gasket works
perfectly. and if you want to chamfer the liners, the chamber and
liner chamfer to be taken out to the 91 mm diameter at the intake
valve, which at the eyebrow area allows a chamfer of .080 on the
liner before the gasket starts to protrude. We expect that a small
amount of protrusion will not cause a problem with the sealing ring,
but we have not extensively tested that.

It is .040 thick, as opposed to the stock sandwich gasket, which is
.070 uncompressed and .050 to .060 compressed

Sealing at the combustion chamber is superior to other gaskets, and
sealing around water passages is also excellent but as with any
gasket, excessive liner protrusion may still allow water passage
leaking -- but not into the combustion chamber.

Because of the material from which it is constructed, no gasket
sealant is necessary but can be used if you wish.

It does not need to be retorqued - proper torque reading is obtained
with the first tightening.

I ordered a sample run of these gaskets. Several are in use. I have
just a few left. I am trying to determine the level of interest in
the TRiumph community, so if anyone is interested in trying this
gasket, I will sell the remaining samples for $120 including
shipping. If you would like one, please send me your mailing address
in your response.

Thanks!

uncle jack