fot

Re: [FOT] Moss Steering Rack Kit

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [FOT] Moss Steering Rack Kit
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:56:23 -0400
Bob Lang asked:

>What has me perplexed is that the kit (667-288) comes with a plastic
>washer (nylon??) - just one. All the other parts make sense, but I have no
>clue what the washer is for.
>
>Can anyone tell me what the plastic washer is for?

I bought my quick rack from the UK several years ago. It did not
come with a nylon washer, but then again, it did not come with
the alloy mounting blocks as does yours.  In fact it did not come
with anything but the rack.

I did have to tap the transfer case for a grease nipple.  Maybe yours
is already tapped and supplied with a nipple.

If one buys ball joints for the front suspension uprights, some kits
are supplied with a nylon washer that fits between the nipple
and the joint.  Other than that, I have no answer until you can tell
us the dimensions of your washer.

Shane Ingate in Maryland