fot

Re: [FOT] Fall Festival - Raod America

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Fall Festival - Raod America
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:45:16 EDT
In a message dated 09/17/2006 7:48:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> good time was
> had by all except the Austin Healy 3000 that came to rest atop and
> astraddle the ten foot high catch fence at Canada Corner

Bob Wismer and I missed that session because we were interviewing candidates
in the Tower for replacing Judy Cull (VSCDA Clerk of the Works).  Drivers in
the session said when they saw the car hanging on the fence, facing the track,
they thought a street car had fallen down the steep hill from above.  It
wasn't until the second time passed that they realized it was a race car that
had
made it up to that unlikely position.  On the way back to the paddock from the
tower, I heard about the incident and drove over to Canada Corner.  I saw it
from up on top, and it was not pretty.

Bill (Damdinger)