fot

[FOT] Re: TR6 Steering Rack installation & KN wheels

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Re: TR6 Steering Rack installation & KN wheels
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:00:21 EDT
Many thanks to Jack C, Tony, Randall, Irv, and Pirate Chuck (!) for your
tips on compressing the bushings when installing the steering rack. The methods

included C-Clamps, Vise-grips, and carpenter's clamp to do the job. My guess
is  I'll try them all before relenting and buying Goodpart's alloy  mounts!

As Henry noted, KN wheels are available from Moss and others. I had one sit
on a shelf for 4 years thinking it was too damaged to use after I experienced
dreaded "rear hub failure at speed". I finally sent it to Wheel Collision
Center  in Bath, PA to see if they could straighten and true it. I got back a
good-as-new wheel for 1/2 of the cost of new. I was amazed. I've raced with  it
for 2 years now. NFI, just like to recommend the good vendors:
_www.wheelcollision.com_ (http://www.wheelcollision.com) .

John Frymark
VARA #67 TR4A

In a message dated 9/19/2006 7:53:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,