fot

[FOT] TR-5

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] TR-5
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:36:51 -0500
As I had posted some time ago, I was looking into buying a TR-5 from Germany.
I'm happy to say that I was able to do so.  The seller had a price and I
agreed as I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  My kids will be inheriting cars
instead of cash!  This was a case of being in the right place at the right
time.  It really wasn't up for sale but as we talked I asked if he was
thinking of selling it and he asked if I'd be interested in buying it.  We
went from there.  It was completely restored in Germany about 10 years ago and
has been driven about 6000 miles since.  The seller was a principal in the
restoration shop that did the work.  It is amazingly tight for a 38 year old
Triumph.  A lot of power and a really nice exhaust note with just a little bit
lumpy idle due to the cam Triumph put in it.  Basically original with chrome
wire wheels.  Haven't driven it too much yet as we've been too busy with the
race car.  Of course it's a genuine British car because it has a slight oil
leak from the timing chain cover seal on the crankshaft.  Just another touch
of originality!

    If I ever get around to setting up a web site I'll post some pictures.
That's after I get around to taking the pictures.

Tim