fot

[FOT] That was interesting

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] That was interesting
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:48:58 -0600
A lovely evening here in Salt Lake City, not too hot, not too cold.  Just
finished a dinner of breaded pork cutlets, cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes
and some spinach.  Some frozen stuff, not the recently bagged fresh kind.

So I'm at the kitchen sink cleaning up, looking out the window, and see a
little blue car of some sort down on the main cross street sort of blocking
the entrance to Park Street. I putz around in the living room a bit, come back
to the window by the sink and see that the blue car has moved, and there is
a fellow walking around looking a bit confused and lost.  I watch for a bit,
he sees me and asks "Excuse me sir, do you know where Fat Chance auto repair
is located?" Good thing I wasn't drinking wine or beer at that moment, I would
have spit and sputtered it all over the kitchen.

Turns out he's the driver of that blue car, it had died and he used his
web-enabled cell phone to search for nearby auto repair places.  And the
Fat Chance Garage turned up in his search - amazing.

I wasn't able to help him, not sure what is wrong with his car, but it
won't start, maybe a crank position sensor or something.  Those new fangled
"improvements" - ha!

--
mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com

"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep is the gettin' there."