fot

[FOT] Upgraded trans parts

To: "FOT" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Upgraded trans parts
From: "Gary & Gretchen" <garygret@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:29:15 -0500
I'd like to nominate John Esposito at Quantumechanics for sainthood!

I just had the typical 2nd gear tophat breakup (again) and following an
earlier FOT thread gave John a call. I was delighted to find he recently
developed a steel bushing retrofit for the TR3-4-early 6 transmission. No gear
replacement necessary. The three-bush kit arrived yesterday and fit perfectly
with identical diameters to the original and a precise 1.160 depth on the
tophat. I quickly noticed the steel was a darn sight tougher to shave a few
thousandths to fit my slightly worn 2nd gear, seemed a good sign.

In more good news John has also had his own synchros made to the original UK
specs. They grasp the gears with noticeably more grip than several others I've
procured lately. At $30 each they are inexpensive compared to tearing
transmissions apart every year. I have two more MC races this year and that's
about as long as past synchros have lasted, so I may be able to give feedback
from field experience by the end of the month.

Maybe everyone but me knew this already but wanted to pass on the word from a
happy camper. No relationship outside of giving him a charge card #.

Quantumechanics
203-459-9612
www.quantumechanics.com (great rogue's gallery of trashed parts!)
john@quantumechanics.com