fot

Re: [FOT] Accelerator Pedal

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Accelerator Pedal
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:48:22 -0700
If Alan is just hooking up carbs, he does not need pedal.  I have my Webers
hookede via  cable from Pegases Racing [replaced the bell crank].  Picutes
on request.

On the other hand, if you are hooking up PI, there is a comment in one of
the "how to" documents I have studied [as I am in the process of doing this]
the author indicates that the metal bar that our carbed cars runs the
throttle of of is too close to the back of the metering unit.  I know Charly
Mitchel is running PI and using the bar to pull his cables.  I intend to do
it this way also if the arems fit.  One cable, coming from where our cabels
attach will drive the throttle.  Another one, on the pedal side of the
engine, will drive the snail cam on the mixture control unit [not a vacuum
sytem].

--
Chuck Arnold