fot

RE: [FOT] Rear Axle Hub

To: "'Gary'" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Rear Axle Hub
From: "Andrew Gibson" <a.r.gibson@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:06:53 +1000
Gary
I've seen a rear hub resist an oxy torch and an 80 ton hydraulic press!
It is my belief that if you press the hubs off, (as opposed to using a
puller) the hubs  will be damaged and eventually break.
(I've broken 3 under racing conditions)
Until the hubs are removed they never seem to break.
Get a very big puller.
Resist the urge to use a press.
Andrew Gibson TR3A RACER, TR4