fot

[FOT] Sleeves

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Sleeves
From: "Mark York" <m-syork@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:36:52 -0700
Amici

2 questions for the group:

1) After removing all 4 pistons from the block I cannot get the wet sleeves
out. Im trying not to damage them because I believe they might be original
1991cc sleeves that could possibly be honed out (see Joe Alexanders thread
a month or so ago). Ive sprayed them with penetrating fluid (Kroil) and Im
hitting them with a rubber mallet but no luck. Ive considered making a
press with some threaded rod and steel straps. Does anybody have a better
idea?

2) The pistons have the normal 3 rings at the top of the piston but in
addition there is a 4th ring that is located about > inch from the bottom of
the piston skirt. Was this an aftermarket piston or did the factory supply
them this way, (Ive never seen them this way)?

Regards

Mark