fot

[FOT] Racing contact in England

To: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Racing contact in England
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 10:52:56 -0800
I am considering taking an assignment in the Birmingham area of England for
the next two years.  The quandary for me is I am just getting my TR5 ready
for racing [next year] and I still need to get enough seat time to get a
racing license.  My plan for next year was to retake my SCCA driving class,
get a couple of day sessions in with the local Alfa Club, then do novice
racing with the SCCA equivalent here tin the Pacific Northwest
[International Conference of Sports Car Clubs].  The 6 clubs run a 15 week
racing schedule.  As a novice you race in an unclassed group of closed wheel
cars where everyone is a new driver.  4 novice races and you get a license.
I would, at the same time, be racing in the SOVERN events that Bill
Babcock and Charlie Mitchel so well describe.

So, the question is, is there anyway to get the same kind of experience in
England?  How does one get a license, is there opportunity to get non-racing
track time?  Anyone on this list a racer in England or have contacts with
people who are?

Thanks,

--
Chuck Arnold